I love a good planning session me! In fact planning is part of my self prescribed therapy. So with only a few weeks to go I thought it was about time to get my head in gear and get our Valentines Adventures at home planned. So here are a few ideas for celebrating Valentines at home.
Valentines Day Adventures at Home – Family Ideas
Remember those valentines days when you could enjoy a lay in and then breakfast in bed followed by spending time getting ready to go out on a date? Sometimes you just dont get that option when you are a parent here are some ideas to enjoy valentines with the children.
- First of all is there anything more insta worthy than a hot chocolate station? We love our Christmas themed one So I believe its time for a valentines themed one.
- My kids absolutely love a treasure hunt. So hiding a bounty of valentines goodies would be a real winner
- Is there anything better than a specially prepared breakfast feast? Breakfast goodies could include heart shaped crumpets & pancakes and fruit bowl with chocolate sauce and sprinkles.
- Time to get crafty. There is a whole host of ideas over on pinterest. Cards, Sun catchers, gifts, and decor.
- Family date night. Heart shaped pizzas, a game of their choice ( Uno, monopoly or something similar) and take turns telling each other why you love them.
- If you have shy kids you could alway do an activity where instead of saying why you love one another you could all write it and place in a jar. Signed or secret.
Valentines Day Adventures at Home – Couple Ideas
If you are lucky enough to grab an hour or so maybe when the kids have gone to bed why not plan one of these stay at home ideas.
Valentines Day Gifts
There are loads of ideas for inexpensive gifts over on pinterest but here are a few of my favourites.
- How about a book of favours, You could create your own on canva using things like breakfast in bed, foot massage (Not for me I hate feet), Coffee date ( Once you can get out and about without the kids in tow)
- How about creating your loved one their favourite dessert with a valentines twist? – Cheesecake with heart shaped strawberries in the middle. Grab some heart shaped sprinkles and pink icing to turn cupcakes into valentines ones.
- A great gift idea is buying them a personalised bottle of fizz and creating a little gift by adding a glass and creating a little gift basket.
We can still create a bit of a date night even at home. There are lots of ideas here not just for valentines day but at any time.
- Send the kids to bed draw the curtains, Light the fire (&/or some candles) put on some relaxing tunes, Grab a drink and snacks and create some scrap books of memories gone by.
- There has been so many people buying projectors lately so how about a movie night? We are lucky enough to have a movie room in our summer house. SO I might even get decorating and head down there for a at home cinema trip!
- Do the kids still nap? Could you let them have an hour on their electronic baby sitters? Then you can sneak an afternoon tea in.
- Carpet Picnic – Grab a blanket, and some cushions and create a picnic hamper with all your favourite picnic treats.
I hope this has given you some ideas of ways to enjoy Valentines Day Adventures At Home.
Let me know if you are planning any celebrations? What will you do to try and get in a bit of time for just you and your partner?
Miniature personalised bottle of prosecco was gifted by the lovely people at “Say It With Champers”