Christmas for me and our family is the best time of the year. A great tradition for us is heading to a Christmas Market like Lincoln Christmas Market.
Lincoln Christmas Market
In 2019 the market will be held from Thursday 5th to Sunday 8th
Lincoln Christmas Market is one of the Biggest Christmas Markets in Europe with 250,000 + visitors soaking up the festive feel.
Wandering around the 250 plus stalls with mulled wine wafting through the historic and picturesque streets.
Other Christmas Markets
Throughout England more and more Christmas markets are popping up.
I do love a market especially around Christmas time. You often get more artisan style stalls over the festive period and buying your Christmas gifts at these markets is a great way to support local producers.
Heading to a festive market especially with anxiety can be a daunting prospect! Planning ahead is the best way to feel less stressed.
Here are a few things to help me survive my day out!
Tips To Survive Christmas Market
- Travel – How am I going to get there? Make sure you are not already stressed from taking a wrong turn or because you are running late for a train. If its a big Christmas Market be aware that some roads may be closed
- Parking – Is there a park and ride? DO you have change for the meter?
- Clothing – Make sure you have suitable clothing & footwear. There will be alot of walking and you will no doubt have lots of bags to carry.You dont want to get to hot!
- Have your Christmas list with you! That way you know who your buying for and roughly what you want to get
- Get a shopping list too – Are there some things you would like to purchase on the day? A snow globe or some Christmas potpourri maybe?
- Stick to your budget! – If you have a budget for the day dont go over it! Do you really need another candle holder?
- Make stops throughout the day for food & Drink. Don’t just fill up on samples and Glühwein Make sure you hydrate with water or a cuppa!
Have you been to a Christmas Market? What is your must buy?