This year I have properly stepped up my game in the blogging world. I now treat it like a proper job. It not just a sideline that I do from the comfort of my bed at naptime. How do you fancy earning from your blog? Make your passion for writing and sharing your story into a living. One that you could really do from anywhere in the world. Scroll to the bottom to check out some fab places to find paid blogging jobs.
Blogging gives me an outlet to tell my story. Furthermore it creates so many opportunities that I wouldn’t have had without it.
Some members of my family still don’t understand how this little hobby of mine actually creates an income. There are a few ways to earn money from blogging.
Your going out again? Events
When you start blogging it really can open up a number of events for you to attend. Some events are free some you will have to pay for. Some you could even get paid to attend.
- Blogging Events – There are a number of blogging events that you can attend. These are usually something you have to pay to attend however they can be so beneficial. I have met some amazing people through some that I have attended. It’s often a great pace to find new brands to work with. A place to network with other bloggers.
- Press Event – A press event is free to attend. They are organised by a brand or venue to help promote a venue or a new product launch. Press events are for “press” or journalists and now bloggers and influencers to attend.
- Paid to attend Events – You could get a brand to sponsor you to attend certain events.
Sponsorship – Paid Blogging Jobs
Sponsorship Means a company will pay you for promoting their products. Sponsorship usually means creating a relationship with a brand. Working with them time and again. If you have a Youtube channel you could get a company to sponsor a video. Creating a video of your day and using one part of the video to talk about the product your sponsor company have asked you to talk about.
Paid – Ambassadorship
In a similar style to sponsorship This is a long term relationship with a company. An ambassadorship means you are getting paid to constantly promote a brand. It doesn’t mean that you have to post about it every day or in every post but often the brand will use you images on their social feeds. This is a great way to build each others following up.
Affiliate links and ads
These are links you can add within your posts that lead to a product that can be bought by your reader. You get paid a commision from purchases made from your link. Ads can sit in the sidebar of your blog you can charge companies a fee for having them. A little like what a newspaper or magazine would have.
Technically they are not free as you are usually sent things to write a review. However some companies will send you things for free so that you can do a write up on the product or add them to a gift guide.
As with the freebies, Venues will often have a budget to give “press Passes” out to bloggers in return they usually ask for a blog post promoting their business.
So youve started your blog and now you know that you can earn a bit of income from the abouve sources where do you go to find the work?
- Email The Brand directly – You can usually find details for press office or pr company for a brand on their website. It’s usually hidden at the bottom in small print. Email them, ask if you can be put on their list of bloggers or if they have any campaigns you can be a part of.
- Get Tagging – If you post something on social media and it shows off your favourite brand tag them! If you have written a blog post about your day out send the pr or press office a link to your work. you never know they might contact you next time.
- Search Facebook Groups for Blogger Opportunities. – Facebook is full of blogging groups people post weekly even daily sometimes opportunities that may fit within your blog. Just go and search. Try searching where you live – Suffolk Blogger, Nottinghamshire bloggers etc or try blogger opportunities.
- Google “Paid Blogging Jobs” – There are loads of sites out there you can google ‘blogging opportunities’ or paid blogging jobs’ on google just like facebook it will show you loads of sites to register with just like Get Blogged . Get Blogged is a site I use often to find paid blogging work.
I hope you find this useful information and can now start earning an income from your hobby.
This blog post is a paid collaboration with Get Blogged. I only work with brands that fit mine and my family’s lifestyle.