I for one am pleased that February is now here. It seems most of January there has been some kind of bug going around our house. At some point or another everyone has been poorly.
When Sickness hits and no one sleeps my anxiety soars and depression darkens.
I’m hoping we are almost through the sickness days now. But if your not and you still have mum duties you maybe wondering just how your going to survive.
Here’s a few tips that’s got me through the past month.
- Box sets. – I’ve took to Netflix and during nap times I’ve allowed myself to snuggle to bed with a cuppa and watch a cheesy Netflix box set. Some of my faves are the good place, Chesapeake shores, unbreakable kimmy Schmidt.
- Cuppa. I’ve changed up my cuppa and opted for a vitamin infused one. You can get some really delicious teas now that claim to help boost your vitamin intake. I’m not sure how true they are but it makes me feel a little better.
- Make sure you break cabin fever. Wrap everyone up warm and just have a walk around the block. There’s nothing big like more than being all warm and toasty indoors. So going out into the fresh air really can help you feel a little better.
- Online shop. Load your trolly with fresh fruit and veg and some easy meals for the week.
- Make sure you eat healthy but simple. When your tired and low don’t over complicate meals. How about just meat and a couple of different frozen veg. Frozen veg doesn’t need preparation and is just as healthy as fresh.
- Give in to tech. A few days of using their tablet isn’t going to scar them. Just let them play or watch kids tube. It will give you a break for a while.
- Get snuggling on the sofa. Put on a movie. Give them some snacks. Just relax.
- Sleep when everyone else does. Simple. Go to bed early with the kids. Take a nap if they do.
- Don’t stress about the house work. It will still be there when you feel a little better. Just do what you need to get by.
- Enlist some help. I’m so lucky to have my mum visit most days and help us around the house. I have to say over the past week she has done loads including cooking meals and helping bath the kids.
Bonus tip – Remember it will pass you will all be better soon.
You got this!
I hope this helps you get through those endless days of sickness.