Good morning everyone.
It’s Monday. And time for Screen Free Linky
So this weekend was not so good in the giving up screens. Hubby went easy Saturday and I like to check his journey.
On Sunday morning the kids woke and wanted their tablets. So while I looked up somewhere to go for the day they watched YouTube!
After we had got up and dressed however the screens went off. We had breakfast and spent the day at the park.
I did check on hubby via Text message but for the most of the day we were screen free.
In the evening we had dinner at Nanny’s and then home to bed. Where we watched a little tv. And after the kids had gone to sleep I txt chatted with Hubby.
So not a total fail. However. I vow to do better in the coming weeks!
Watch this space
Here are a few reasons why screen free time is important.
- Screen time can be linked to childhood obesity. – The more time you spend online the less time you spend outside playing and exercising.
- Screens at bedtime and in the couple of hours before bed has been proven to disrupt sleep patterns. Not just in children bug in adults too.
- Childhood Psychological problems such as emotional issues, hyperactivity and social skills are more likely to occur in those who have more than 2 hours screen time a day.
- If you are immersed in screen life you are almost cutting yourself off from “real life. – living in the moment.
- More Screen time means less time connecting with people in the real world.
So with these reasons in mind I will try harder next week.
How did you get on?
Have you blogged about it?
Leave your Linky here.
So linky rules
Each Monday evening I will post how we were screen free over the weekend
- Linky will be live from Monday evening to Friday morning.
- Posts should be your own work.
- Only one post per person please.
- It’s only fair that we share the linky love by commenting on at least two other posts.
- I will feature one blogger each week in my post so unplug those cables & let’s have some screen free time.
Share your posts on Twitter or Instagram using the #screenfreeweekends @readyforacuppa I will try to comment & retweet each one