As I’m sure most of you are aware In September 2017 I was diagnosed with gallstones. After 3 debilitating attack’s ending up with 3 visits to A&E my op to have my gallbladder removed is finally here.
Well it’s today in fact. (Monday 29th January)
Up until last week it was at the back of my mind that I needed this operation however now I’ve had all my bloods checked and some bank blood taken I’m petrified.
My anxiety is on fire and I needed to calm down.
So I’ve been trying a few things to help bring my anxiety down.
- Swimming. I have been swimming again after my pregnancy & complications since Early January.
- Meditation. A few nights I have listened to a pre op meditation on YouTube. Here are a couple of them.
- Focusing on future plans, planning treats for when I’m healed. Like a hair appointment & a holiday.
- Spending time with the people I love.
- Restricting my diet as much as possible so that my gallbladder isn’t inflamed when they go in. Less possibility of it being hard to get out.
- Remembering what my cesarían hysterectomy anaesthetist said which was to breath. Take deep breaths.
Wish me luck.