If you’ve read this post you will know that I have been told I have gallstones and I am currently awaiting minor surgery to remove my gallbladder.
I’ve said a million times that I need to be healthier let’s face it most of us have.
When I was faced with the worst scare of my life ( My cesarian hysterectomy with an unknown amount of blood loss) I prayed and told whoever was listening that I promised to be a better person, I’d eat better, exercise more and try to just be an all-round better person If they just could let me get through the op!
Now I’ve survived I have not much choice to but fulfil my promise as I have had to revamp my diet due to the gallstones!
I now have to follow a low-fat diet!
It’s one thing to be told low fat but what does that mean?
Well from talking to several people and using the knowledge I have from doing a healthy eating course years ago I have devised some rules for my new healthy eating lifestyle.
- Low Fat – Under 10 Grams of fat in any 100g
- Low saturated fat – Under 5g in any 100g
- Low Sugar – Under 10g in any 100g
- Less Processed Foods – Wherever possible Home cooked foods with fresh ingredients
- Hydrate – Drink 2 litres of water per day
- Plenty of fruits & Veggies – A least 5 portions
- Protein – As I’m still rebuilding muscles from my last op protein is important to aid them rebuilding
- Carbs – Should be whole grain, Like brown, rice, pasta, bread.
So that is my diet plan
I’m going to print it out and stick it to the fridge!
Feel free to do the same.
Leave in the comments if you have any tips for gallstone diets?