It’s been an odd start to the year!
- Firstly we celebrated New Year at our second home Lanzarote.
- We came home and I managed to sneak in a couple of days working at the local Theatre doing Panto (My Favourite time at the theatre)
- Then I was late on my monthly cycle
- So took a pregnancy test
- Then went for an early scan to make sure there was only one
- And we found out there were 2
- Had a lot of tears
- Sold my beloved Delilah – She wouldn’t have lasted another year 😦
- Went back to Lanzarote for February Half Term
- Took the twins on their first visit to London
- Started work on the house to prepare for an extra two people
- Stayed in denial about the two new lives growing in my tummy
- Attended BlogON
- Finally bought something for the new twins
So now were in June and I need to pull on my positive pants (If they fit because of this ever-growing tummy)
I need to embrace this pregnancy and start feeling as excited as people keep telling me it is!
So I’m devising a plan!
I’m not going to lie my mental health has gone down hill since finding out about these two new people. I’m worried about PND and the hard work that it was with the last set of twins.
This month I am going to try to tick off a list of things that will help me feel more positive.
- Finish playroom decorating ( I have enlisted the help of a decorator
- Decorate and move the office
- Decorate and furnish Nursery
- Move kids toys into playroom
- Declutter and purge kids toys – I am currently obsessed with Allie Casazza and want to try and live a more minimal life – I’m not going as far as one plate per person (so my friends won’t need to bring a plate with them) but I’d like to adopt some concepts into our life!
- Carrying on with the Minimalist theme I want to redo my wardrobe – I know this is not really practical at over 6 months pregnant but I know some pieces that I will probably never wear again. and when the twins arrive and I lose the bump I will be able to top up my wardrobe with some key autumn pieces (Minimalist shopaholic!)
- I will continue my search for the perfect but affordable vehicle for our expanding family. – We currently have a Vaxhaul Zafira which although is 7 seats, its 7 seats and not enough boot space to fit in a suitcase let alone a pushchair! I would really like a VW Caravelle but I want to pay cash and the price for a decent one is out of our cash price range!
Events in June
- Friends Little One’s Christening – Both Hubby and I are God Parents
- Mum’s 65th Birthday
- Hubby’s Dad’s 70th Birthday
So looks like a busy month I also have numerous appointments in June with Diabetes checks, consultant appointments, midwife appointments and scans all already booked in!
I have also been slacking at swimming due to focusing all my time on the decorating and building work. I think it has had an impact on my mental health so I would like to go back to swimming at least twice a week. Even it’s only just to take the weight off my bump!
What are your June plans, goals?
Do you have any tips for me to get through the month?